The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr Ronald Mitsuyasu reply to gene therapy trials

Aug 13, 2009

Dear Dr Robert, thank you for your information to get started in gene therapy,

l contacted Dr Ronald Mitsuyasu and he has told me it will be a few years before he will be starting gene therapy trials again for hiv,

Dr Ronald also said in 10 years time we will see gene therapy treatments coming into force to combat hiv,

Once again thank you so much Dr Bob for your help and support and also Dr Ronald told me to say hello,

Dr Bob this should give us all hope that we could have cutting edge new treatments in 10 years or so that will take us a step closer to the holy grail cure for hiv,

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your kind comments. To find out more about currently enrolling gene therapy clinical trials you should contact one of the research sties where the clinical trials are being conducted. As with any research clinical trial there are risk involved. To learn more about the risks involved in a specific clinical trial you'll need to review the protocol you are interested in with one of the clinical investigators. I would suggest

you contact the HIV/AIDS clinical trials division at UCLA. They will have much more complete information on the OZ1 stem cell gene therapy clinical trials than I have. If you do wind up seeing Dr. Mitsuyasu, please give him my warmest regards!

Good luck.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for the 411!

Dr. Bob

DR., Haven't seen this type question posted yet! Pls answer.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint