once again (idiot)

Dr. Bob First let me say that I love reading your posts. They are so funny and I can only imagine all of your stories you must read and I have read the one when you posted the crazy stories you received for another poster. I laugh out loud on multiple occasions. I have read about my similar case but wanted to ask you anyways and there is a 20 dollar donation coming to you since I am a poor guy living off what the govt wants to pay us little people on the totem pole Well, I never thought I would have to send you something again but here I am. Last time I was concerned because I was with a woman in Sub-Saharan Africa case worker whom told me afterwords that she was Pos. I used protection for vaginal sex but not for oral sex and received PEP even though it was not warranted. Well, Again, I committed the sexual act for my mere pleasure but this time it was a woman from a predominate family and she has also spent the last year in Canada and she says she is Neg but she did have sex a week prior but used protection. I also used protection with this woman for the vaginal sex but not oral. I am not worried about the oral since everything I have read says you have a better chance of getting into a car accident than getting HIV through oral. I never wear my seat belt and the way they drive over here is extremely dangerous. So my risk: Protected sex but she was starting her period in the next few days. There was some blood on the base of my penis but not much at all. I would say two to four drops but it was dried up blood anyways but I am sure it was bloody when it happened, just dried as sex continued. From your expertise should I be worried about this episode? I have read many posts but I wanted to hear it from you Dr. Bob. I dont have any visible cuts but what about microscopic cuts? Is that a big risk? I am less worried about this episode than my first encounter. I will test no matter what because it is mandatory for me to test but with your knowledge, would you say I should stop worrying about this case. This happened Sun morning. I can still start another thing of PEP. I also used soap and water right after we finished sex. Also, I used a condom but no lube. The lube is just to help the friction so it wont burst right. Well my condom did not pop so would you say I had protected sex? My questions are scrambled so I will list them. 1. Condom sex but blood around the base, about a half inch of my schlong was uncovered, two to four drops of blood maybe. Should I be worried? No visible cuts but what about microscopic cuts? Big Risk or dont worry about it? (ok, so there were three question in one :P) 2. Lube is just for the friction that is caused and so the condom does not break? I still had protected sex? 3. Doc, The major question is this; should I be worried about my status because of this event? The tiny amount of blood I saw on my Schlong. I am about 8 weeks into my last case and I am going to test for that and if it is Neg, I want to be done with worrying but I will still test. I have too. I just want to know If I can stop worrying. I will still read your site because I find your humor to be the best. You ease peoples fear and make them laugh at the same time. So, I will test, not the problem. Should I be worried and scared from this episode? Thanks Doctor Bob and also maybe you can post a few more of your bizarre stories? Much love Dr. Take care and oh one more question. What is your take on God (to believe or not to believe)? I know it is not an HIV question but I would like to know. =)

Welcome back to the forum.

1. No. You should not be worried. HIV does not permeate intact skin. Microscopic cuts should not be a concern, but if you're worried, a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will provide you with a definitive result.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. As for funny/bizarre posts, check out the archives. We have an entire chapter of "funny questions."

5. I believe there is a higher power, but I don't believe in religions per se.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well!

Donation
I AM SHOCKED