Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

once again (idiot)
Aug 13, 2009

Dr. Bob First let me say that I love reading your posts. They are so funny and I can only imagine all of your stories you must read and I have read the one when you posted the crazy stories you received for another poster. I laugh out loud on multiple occasions. I have read about my similar case but wanted to ask you anyways and there is a 20 dollar donation coming to you since I am a poor guy living off what the govt wants to pay us little people on the totem pole Well, I never thought I would have to send you something again but here I am. Last time I was concerned because I was with a woman in Sub-Saharan Africa case worker whom told me afterwords that she was Pos. I used protection for vaginal sex but not for oral sex and received PEP even though it was not warranted. Well, Again, I committed the sexual act for my mere pleasure but this time it was a woman from a predominate family and she has also spent the last year in Canada and she says she is Neg but she did have sex a week prior but used protection. I also used protection with this woman for the vaginal sex but not oral. I am not worried about the oral since everything I have read says you have a better chance of getting into a car accident than getting HIV through oral. I never wear my seat belt and the way they drive over here is extremely dangerous. So my risk: Protected sex but she was starting her period in the next few days. There was some blood on the base of my penis but not much at all. I would say two to four drops but it was dried up blood anyways but I am sure it was bloody when it happened, just dried as sex continued. From your expertise should I be worried about this episode? I have read many posts but I wanted to hear it from you Dr. Bob. I dont have any visible cuts but what about microscopic cuts? Is that a big risk? I am less worried about this episode than my first encounter. I will test no matter what because it is mandatory for me to test but with your knowledge, would you say I should stop worrying about this case. This happened Sun morning. I can still start another thing of PEP. I also used soap and water right after we finished sex. Also, I used a condom but no lube. The lube is just to help the friction so it wont burst right. Well my condom did not pop so would you say I had protected sex? My questions are scrambled so I will list them. 1. Condom sex but blood around the base, about a half inch of my schlong was uncovered, two to four drops of blood maybe. Should I be worried? No visible cuts but what about microscopic cuts? Big Risk or dont worry about it? (ok, so there were three question in one :P) 2. Lube is just for the friction that is caused and so the condom does not break? I still had protected sex? 3. Doc, The major question is this; should I be worried about my status because of this event? The tiny amount of blood I saw on my Schlong. I am about 8 weeks into my last case and I am going to test for that and if it is Neg, I want to be done with worrying but I will still test. I have too. I just want to know If I can stop worrying. I will still read your site because I find your humor to be the best. You ease peoples fear and make them laugh at the same time. So, I will test, not the problem. Should I be worried and scared from this episode? Thanks Doctor Bob and also maybe you can post a few more of your bizarre stories? Much love Dr. Take care and oh one more question. What is your take on God (to believe or not to believe)? I know it is not an HIV question but I would like to know. =)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Welcome back to the forum.

1. No. You should not be worried. HIV does not permeate intact skin. Microscopic cuts should not be a concern, but if you're worried, a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will provide you with a definitive result.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. As for funny/bizarre posts, check out the archives. We have an entire chapter of "funny questions."

5. I believe there is a higher power, but I don't believe in religions per se.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Donation
Next
I AM SHOCKED

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.