so scared

hi Dr how u doing, i am married, my wife and i had unprotected sex for 10 months but most of the time i use to (come) out not inside of her, but later i decided to make HIV test for both of us my results came back positif with 118000 VL and 151 CD4 while her results came back negatif, knowing that a week before we did the test we was trying for a baby(coming inside), so the Dr said it happens sometime between couples, one is positif and the other is negatif, but he wants her to make another test 3 months later, so my question is: what are the chances that she tests positif or negatif in the next test? i am so stressed and scared please help me thank you very much

The best we can say is that it is possible that your wife could remain HIV negative despite having multiple HIV exposures. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission. Read through the information in the archives of this forum. We have whole chapters devoted to HIV sexual transmission, HIV statistics, pregnancy, magnetic couples and other related topics.

Because your wife had a significant HIV exposure we would recommend HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks.

Good luck to both of you. I'm here if you need me, OK?

Will donate 3rd post in 3 days Pls answer
Reason for false positive anti hiv test