Oral sex with a canker sore (donation for answer)

Hi Dr. Bob,

About 36 hours ago I performed unprotected oral sex (I was the receptive partner) on a partner of unknown status. He said he was HIV- but that doesn't mean much now does it. Well, as a result of too much alcohol I decided to give this guy a BJ. At the time I had a canker sore that was basically on it's way to healing up. It didn't hurt for 2 days prior to the incident, so I don't think it's exactly an open wound. There was no ejaculate except for the possibility of precum. Is this a high enough risk to seek medical treatment for possible HIV exposure including a course of PEP. I only ask because my doctor wont be able to see me prior to the 72 hour cut off of starting a preventative course of antivirals. This would mean an ER visit which would be nonsense unless I have a really high risk.

Thank you so much for the help!

PEP would not be indicated. It is warranted for significant HIV exposures. If you remain worried, a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is all I would recommend.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your three-month definitive HIV test is negative.

Strange Results Follow up info
Penis Plotzed