eye and holy water worried wreck
Aug 11, 2009
Dear Dr Bob, I hope Im just being silly!I am going crazy thinking of this. I accidentally splashed some holy water in my eye. I know a lot of people dip their hands in the bowl. I am afraid that I can get hiv thru this? Can I get herpes an std? thank you so much I have been I worried wreck
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV transmission via holy water at church?!?! Hmm . . . now that would certainly be an interesting story, unlike the Vatican's usual poppycock about homosexuality being an abomination or condoms having holes in them that HIV swims through. However, the HIV-holy water story is just as untrue. The facts are:
1. Your HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent.
2. Homosexuality is normal and healthy.
3. HIV cannot permeate intact latex of polyurethane condoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can Hpv Be Mistaken For In Women?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.