***Sorry,but what is CD4?Am I CRAZY?***
Aug 10, 2009
Hi,Dr.Bob.I am the 5th time to post here,and I am from China.So sorry for my English. I really need your help!!
I recieved oral sex from a man(I am a man too).3months and 4days later I went to the local CDC and got a HIV-ab test negtive.My Questions are: 1,Our CDC here dont give me CD4 test as they said I dont need it.Is it true? 2,Do I need a 6months test? 3,In the CDC,I touched the door and sat on the chair there.And I went home,Can I took virus home? 4,can virus live in ink? Because I got my fingure injured by my gel ink pen(or roller ball pen,sorry I dont no how to say it).It is bleeding.It has been 6months since I went to the CDC.Is that a risk?Can virus live on paper and get into my pen and live in it? Sorry,it seens crazy,but I am scared!Please tell me I am crazy and radiculous! Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Yes, I agree. CD4 counts are not recommended. They are useful only after someone has been confirmed to have HIV. You are HIV negative. You can read more about the differences between HIV diagnostic tests (such as ELISA, rapid tests, Western Blots etc.) versus HIV monitoring tests (such as CD4 counts, HIV viral load, etc.) in the archives of this forum.
3. Per your request: "You are crazy and 'radiculous'!" (See below.)
SSSSSOrry!I am not a robot man but a worried man. Aug 10, 2009
Hi,Dear Dr.Bob!Thank you to read this,please help me.I had posted 7 times! My quesion is can hiv virus live in ink? Because I got my fingure injured(bleeding) by my gel ink pen(or roller ball pen,sorry I dont no how to say it,it is just the pen I used to write).But 6 months ago I went to the CDC to have a HIV test(negtive).I touched the door and sat on the chair there.Can I took virus home?Can by that way virus live on paper and get into my pen and live in it for 6 months? I did not see any liquid like blood or something else on the paper,so is it a risk?Sorry,it seens crazy,but I am scared!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Let me get this straight. You're worried that you contracted HIV because when you visited the CDC six months ago you touched their door and sat in their chair??? And you fear the virus may have gotten on a piece of paper and then into your pen, which wrote on the paper. Then, six months later, you stabbed yourself with the same pen and you're scared the virus might have been living in the ink for the past six months. Do I have that correct?
You state: ". . . it seems crazy . . . ." I absolutely agree, except you can drop the "seems," OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Drink After Chlamydia Medication?
- Burning Sensation In Groin Area
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.