CBC and ?? exposure

Dr. Bob, I know you are super busy and get asked alot of questions, but I am really hoping you will consider answering my question. I have read the archives and I realize that a CBC cannot let you know if you have hiv infection, BUT I have a different question. About 2/12 years ago, I could have had a possible exposure to hiv(???). I just recently had a CBC done and it was normal. If I had contractd hiv over 2 years ago, would my CBC be showing a high WBC or lymphocyte changes? I just am not sure. If this question is in the archives, I must have missed it and I am sorry. If you would kindly answer my question, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your patience and kindness in dealing with everyone. A donation is on the way if you would please answer. Thank you.

You answered your own question when you wrote: "I have read the archives and I realize that a CBC cannot let you know if you have HIV infection . . . ."That holds true whether the CBC immediately follows an HIV exposure/infection or is taken a number of years later.

The only way to tell if you have HIV is to get an HIV-specific test. Period.

Thanks for the donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Can you die from shooting too much semen out a day?
computed tomography, x-rays, antibiotics