Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SSSSSOrry!I am not a robot man but a worried man.
Aug 10, 2009

Hi,Dear Dr.Bob!Thank you to read this,please help me.I had posted 7 times! My quesion is can hiv virus live in ink? Because I got my fingure injured(bleeding) by my gel ink pen(or roller ball pen,sorry I dont no how to say it,it is just the pen I used to write).But 6 months ago I went to the CDC to have a HIV test(negtive).I touched the door and sat on the chair there.Can I took virus home?Can by that way virus live on paper and get into my pen and live in it for 6 months? I did not see any liquid like blood or something else on the paper,so is it a risk?Sorry,it seens crazy,but I am scared!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Let me get this straight. You're worried that you contracted HIV because when you visited the CDC six months ago you touched their door and sat in their chair??? And you fear the virus may have gotten on a piece of paper and then into your pen, which wrote on the paper. Then, six months later, you stabbed yourself with the same pen and you're scared the virus might have been living in the ink for the past six months. Do I have that correct?

You state: ". . . it seems crazy . . . ." I absolutely agree, except you can drop the "seems," OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
REPUBLICANS
Next
Just came out of the closet...want to go back in + Donation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.