Why won't you help me...:(

Hi! And thanx for reading my letter

Two weeks ago I was in Bucharest and spent the night in a rent room.The thing is I washed my genitals with a used bar soap (I can't tell how many people used it)which was left on top of a cleaning sponge(perhaps used for cleaning the sink or bathroom i don't know..) Since than I can't stop thinking I might have caught AIDS. I heard sponges have areas not reachable by air and perhaps the virus could live there then get in contact with the soap I used to wash my private parts? Please I'm desperate!!!

Thank You in advance!

See below!

Please I'll donate!! HIV on a cleaning bathroom sponge? Aug 9, 2009

Two weeks ago I was in Bucharest in a rent room and washed my genitals with used bar soap that was on top of a sponge(the sponge apparently used for bathroom cleaning).Is it possible I got HIV since the soap has been previously used by other, unknown people? Could the HIV live in the sponge since it lacks air?

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is nope.

I'd suggest you peruse the information in the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter on HIV nonsexual transmission. You should find the information there reassuring.

Be well.

Please I'll donate!! HIV on a cleaning bathroom sponge?
REPUBLICANS