Newlywed has one last Question- I promise!

Dr. Frascino, I have one last question I promise. I will dbl my donation to the foundation. And dont worry I have an appointment for a psychiatrist this month. I have ocd,and a fear of hypodermic needles. I went camping this wkend and family wanted to go to beach-the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. I've gone every year but this time my phobia is overwhelming. Had my husband carry me on his shoulder from the cement to a beach chair (pretty far!)- making sure I never had contact w the sand. After carrying me back and forth he got tired, also my family started whispering about me, which made me upset. So, I got up off the chair and walked across the sand back to the street, wearing my puma shoes, like sneakers, all closed in, but not with really thick rubber soles or anything, and part of where the arch is is mostly leather, not rubber there. Is there any chance that a needle could be under the sand and poked through my shoe and sock into my foot? Is there any documented infections from needles on the beach causing infections? Maybe it could graze the side of the foot as well? I know it is unreasonable to have people carry you on the beach and if I don't face it, it may get worse. I feel like this was a risk, since there seem to be drug users there. This makes life miserable. Is walking on the w closed shoes on a beach a risk at all to me? There was no blood in my sock and I don't recall feeling it really, maybe sand or itches when i walk in sand. My family walked around barefoot!!!!! Please let me know what you think as the anxiety is completely off the charts. Is there a zero chance w shoes? Could it puncture the shoe? Would the needle have been stuck in there? Thank you such much. I love the work you do and appreciate it! God Bless you.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is exactly zero! That's right: zip, zilch, nada, bupkis! Any chance you can move that psychiatrist appointment up a bit?

ooooo pick me pick me!!! 4th time post
Early HIV Symptoms