Sarah Palin No More....you must be happy

Doc Frascino-

I have written in the past and apologize for doing so again. However I am still very scared. Negative tests out to 20 months now with 3 Rapid Orals, 1 Blood draw ELISA and 5 donations to Red Cross (antibody and NAAT negative).

I know you say that a negative test outside the window period ALWAYS trumps symptoms. For over a year I have been having (constantly) genital skin problems, ED issues, serious fatigue and post-nasal drip. Would it be expected that if these are HIV related that they would have started a year or less after my exposure (which was Aug 2007) and continue uninterupted until present? Do they sound indicative of early stage HIV disease? What exactly are the extenuating circumstances you often mention....something I should be concerned about?

Doctor Bob...I feel like you are one of the most amazing people and doctors deeling with HIV and CERTAINLY seem to be the most caring and compassionate. I have tried to put it behind my, but continue to struggle. Not because of the lack of confidence in tests so much, but the VERY real symptoms I am having and the lack of a firm diagnosis. Please Doctor Bob, is there anything you can add to help me once more? I will do my best to make this my last post. Thanks again and God Bless You.

NYFirefighter

Hello NY Firefighter,

I'm sorry to learn that you are continuing to perseverate on and worry about possibly being HIV infected despite overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that HIV is not your problem! Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease. You do not have extenuating circumstances. I do not doubt your symptoms are real. I'm just repeatedly telling you the cause of your symptoms is not HIV. No way. No how.

You report: "I have tried to put it behind me, but I continue to struggle." Your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of being HIV infected. I would strongly advise you seek psychotherapy (counseling) to help you accept the truly wonderful news of your HIV-negative status. It's the first step on the road to recapturing your physical and psychological well-being. Give it a try. Bring copies of your questions and my responses to your first and show them to your therapist. It will help focus your treatment and speed your recovery.

ID doctor, PCF, Nurologist, Urologist and two ~5 - 5.28 month hiv tests (Orasure and EIA) say negative but still symptoms
thank you!