Oooooo pick me pick me!!! 4th time post
Aug 8, 2009
I really need your expert advice. I thank you for All you do at this website you are great and are an example of the loving side of humanity..
This is my fourth time posting and hopefully with a response from you it will be the last... I want to put this dark chapter of my life behind me. Well here is my story... Back in march after comic out of a five year monogomous relationship I met a 20 yr old girl who I sort of dated and I was interested in having a relationship with... Well soon after we had unprotected sex... We had sex a few times throughout the next month last time being around april 22-23... Well a soon as everything began it ended and in bad terms.... Soon after I began to worry about std's and HIV. A little late.. I knw... And very stupid of me... According to this girl she had only had one previous partner before me and that was her ex bf.... And she claimed she was free of all std's including HIV.... But I had a bad feeling about things and I didn't beleive her... But anyways I had an ELISA at three weeks and 7 weeks which were negative and then a rapid test at at 11 weeks and 3 months both negative... U might ask why are u still worried? Well my symptoms have been keeping my anxiety alive doc. Soon after the last exposure I began having a sore throat and back pain... Intense back pain.. However the back pain began after a five hour drive and it's pain I have had before... This time however was the worst I've ever had. At almost eight weeks I had a cold which of course scared the shiz nits out of me... Well through out the three month period I had reoccuring gum and mouth ulcers... But I'm thinking that has to do with stress... Well what do u think?
1. Am I conclusively free of HIV ? 2. What do u think of my symptoms not related to HIV 3. Can I move on with my life? 4. Can I have unproteced sex with my gf now?
Oh I ended up getting back with girlfriend of many years and we will be getting married by the way.. That is why I am still so damn worried.. Plus I just found out that the girl I saw for that month has some kind of cancer she has been getting shots and pills for... Oh one last question... Sorry do I need to test at six months... One lady at the public health office said yes and the other said no. Oh and may I add I am a 23 yr old healthy male no history of drugs use and I had vaginal sex with this girl about 7 times.. And to my knowledge she is also a non drug user. Sorry. Thanks doc I will certainly donate towards your wonderful organization.
Worried and confused.
Response from Dr. Frascino
2. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, I can tell you that HIV is not the cause!
3. I don't know, can you? There's certainly no doubt you should and also no doubt that you are HIV negative. But can you move on? You tell me.
4. In general I don't recommend unprotected sex for several reasons: risk of unwanted pregnancy and the risk of STDs, including HIV, from extracurricular activities. If you and your gal decide to be monogamous (and perhaps get married), then sure you can forego the latex raincoat.
5. I do not feel a six-month test is mandatory; however, if you want to test at the six-month mark, that option always remains open to you.
Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma.
Be well. Congrats on your upcoming trip down the aisle!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- How Can You Catch Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.