Fingering, peeled skin... PEP? Please...

Hi Dr Bob

I engaged in fingering with a person of unknown status. She was quite wet. The problem is, I bit a skin on one of my fingers and peeled it, and it was bleeding yesterday (24 hours before). Today, it wasn't bleeding, but there was an open sore less than 1mm in diameter. Now, I didn't insert that finger, but still afraid that some of her fluids might get on the sore and infect... should I run to the emergency for PEP? Please, this got me quite worried. I try to rationalize... in case of oral sex, there is saliva agent that is unfriendly to viruses, and gives some protection, but this is just on my hand... please answer. I live close by and I could even pay a visit. Donation will follow. Please. Thank you Worried dude

Hi Worried Dude,

Should you run to the emergency room for PEP??? No, you should not run, walk or cha-cha-cha! Your HIV risk is negligible at best. Your "peeled" skin was a day old and not bleeding. Plus you didn't even use that finger to explore your gal-pal's Bermuda Triangle treasure trove. If you remain worried, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative, but if it helps you put any residual worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative. (I'm confident it will be.)

Be well.

new reality guy is right
Oooooo pick me pick me!!! 4th time post