****An old friend needs ur good luck karma and advice (ur friend and personal poet)

Hello there my dear brother and friend. It has been a while since I wrote u even though I come from time to time to check ur page and check that u r ok. I am ur Egyptin friend that wrote u a poem about 3 years ago and u helped me before and got a wooohoooooo stamped by u. I hope u r in good health and u r always on my mind Dr. Bob. Basically I will make this brief, since my divorce about 1 year and a half ago I dated very few women, had very few sexual encounters (I am a straight 30 male), always used a latex condom from start to finish with a lot of lube and no exceptions (except for a few oral encounters). I always pick who I do that with so I don't sleep around or do one night stands. Back in January of this year I was the insertive partner in vaginal sex and didnt have lube that day, unfortunately i always use magnums but that was an ultra thing durex and it broke (I always check the condom every minute or so), I was in doggy position (but in the vagina)and felt the sensation different so I pulled out, I would say I have been inside here unprotected approximately 20 to 40 seconds at most. I pulled out and went immedietly to wash with warm water and lots of soap (I am circumsized and she was pretty much dry so not a lot of secretions), she also had hydrotantitis supertiva if that makes a difference, we didnt continue sex, she finished me with unprotected oral. The female was 31, white, divorced, she was a friend and I know she doesnt sleep around. she assured me she is ok and I made sure I ask before we even did anything if she has or ever had an std or hiv and she said no and she kind of got offended thinking i was calling her a slut, she said she got tested in november of 2008 and last time she had sex was protected and in july of 2008. I was going to move on however a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with molluscum on my pubic region, one on my stomach and small ones on the base of my penis. I freaked out and started thinking about it. I built up the courage and went to get a full std panel and hiv test (yesterday) at my family doc., i have an appointment this wednesday to go over results. I saw a dermatologist who froze most of my molluscum (they were really small), she informed me that i can still get them easily even if i always use condoms since it is skin to skin contact. Based on this scenario, do u think I will test positive? the folks in aidsmeds.com said they never seen a man test hiv + after one brief condom failure exposure during vaginal intercourse and I am not going to be the first. I need ur expert opinion on that, and please i need ur good luck karma as well. You really think I will be ok? I have been 100% safe except got this incident but I have learnt my lesson. I love you Dr. bob and I wish u good health and a long life full of good deeds and helping millions of people.

sincerely,

ur egyptian friend,,,,,

Hi Egyptian Friend,

I concur with the assessment and advice you've received. Molluscum contagiosum is transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. HIV is not. Consequently Molluscum is far easier to contract than HIV.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is low. You had 20-40 seconds of unprotected exposure following a failed-condom incident. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this one-time very brief exposure. A single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will give you a definitive result. I'm sending my good-luck karma that your conclusive HIV-antibody test remains negative. I strongly suspect it will.

Be well. Stay safe.

RISK OF UNPROTECTED SEX WITH AN HIV POSITIVE PARTNER
new reality guy is right