Worried Mom

I know this might sound out there but here is my story. I me a guy at a bar. He had, as you say had "lunch at the Y", and I, well you get the picture, (we had unprotected oral). I was tested to your advice by reading past questions at 3 months and was negative. The question that I have is follows. I have a 1 year old son, he has had diarrhea for the past week. Thinking that I somehow infected him I went and tested again at 5 months(the same week my son was having the poopy issues) and was negative again. Is it possible that I could be showing negative and still be infected and have infected my son?? I am in a panic and don't know where to turn for adivce. Thank you.

Relax Max! Your negative HIV tests at three and five months following your oral adventures with the bar guy are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Kids get poopy for all kinds of reasons. Stop panicking over an illness that you could not possibly have and consequently could not possibly have transmitted!

Oral sex (including both penis Popsicle tasting and lunch at the Y) carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition/transmission. Take a read through the chapter on oral sex in the archives of this forum. I'm sure you'll find the information and testimonials comforting.

Be well. Stay well.

occupational exposure to body fluids
RISK OF UNPROTECTED SEX WITH AN HIV POSITIVE PARTNER