Aug 5, 2009
Does HIV live in Crisco? I understand that it doesn't survive long outside of the body, but I didn't know if that was true for only certain environments.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
A can of Crisco, whether in your kitchen's pantry or your bedside table's goody drawer, would definitely qualify as "outside the body" and therefore be an inhospitable environment for HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does It Means If Someone Have Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
- Syphilis Rash On Arm
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.