Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just want to thank you
Aug 4, 2009

Dr. Bob, I am a Brazilian guy that has been reading constantly everything in your section on this website. I'd just like to thank you so much for being maybe the only one in the internet that answers all kind of questions to all of us. This has been a bliss for me, because I am waiting my window period to finish to get finally tested. Actually, Ive been tested 13 days after the risky episode (someone fingered me and I suppose this person had semen in his finger. I know the virus could not have time to die because he put his finger in right after ejaculate on my chest. I think this unknown person did that on purpose and now Im having all symptoms), but I am not brave enough to see my results. However, everytime I read your stuff I feel so confident that I think I'll get over it in case it comes positve despite I am a naturally depressed person and I know how bad that is for HIV+. I know you'd say this was not risky. I read another answer of yours to another guy that experienced the same situation, but the fact is that in my case I had my anus already sore because we had anal sex (certainly with condom brought by me - I was cheking ALL the time if it was correctly) and, if it wasnt me, I bet the guy wouldnt have worn condom at all. In Rio de Janeiro, for gay people, if one doesnt want to wear condom it's a clear sign that the person is already infected. I really wanted to finish when I realised he was a potentially HIV+, but he did that in the end... Sometimes I dont believe that this is happening to me and that I got involved in this sordid situation. After I realised his finger was inside me, I jumped off the bed, washed myself and I asked why he did that. He didnt want to look at my face and did not expressed any emotion at all.

This was supposed to be an thankful email, but now Im telling you my story. Well, I just wanna say you are a magnificent person and I'll definately want to watch one concert of your because I love piano. Andre

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Andre,

I'm delighted you have found the information here informative and reassuring. I absolutely agree with your plan to get tested at the three-month mark. The odds remain very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this horizontal sexual-samba in Rio. Speaking of Rio de Janeiro, it's one of my favorite cities. The beaches are spectacular, not to mention some of the sights on the beach!

Thanks for your thanks and kind comments Andre. I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV on ICE!?
Next
250$ donation in its way. I need plz one 2 lines answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.