I need to calm down

Hey.

I live in the UK. I had an HIV test and it was negative after 13 weeks and 2 days.

The UK guidelines say 3 months is completely 100% conclusive. I know the CDC say 'some people in rare cases' may take 6 months.

According to a adviser in England, those 'some people - 1 in 1000' may be people on PEP drugs or people with an immune defect or on very strong medication like chemotherapy.

What do you think?

I came into contact with what I assumed to be dry blood. It had been dry for at least 1 min 15 secs before it was near my wound. I have heard that once blood is dry - whether it dries rapidly in a few seconds or dries slowly the virus IS dead.

Is that correct?

Help me, Dr Bob :)

Dan

Hi Dan,

Your HIV-acquisition risk was nonexistent. HIV does not survive outside the body in dried blood.

I would consider a negative FDA-approved HIV-antibody test taken outside the window period (defined as the first three months after exposure) to be definitive and conclusive, barring any extenuating circumstances.

Dan, I absolutely agree with the title of your post. You need to calm down. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

Yell WOO-HOO and stop worrying.

youppiiiiiiii hiv testtt finallyyyyyy
HIV on ICE!?