so sorry to bother, please please help, WILL DONATE!!

Dr. Bob-

I have written in before and understand that you are SUPER busy, but please respond...I will happily donate, as you help so many people and i would like to do my part to enable you to help even more..

My possible expose is through giving/ receiving oral sex unprotected from a man on unknown status. As well as unprotected frottage after A LOT of action...so our skin was tender and im sure not all intact...

a few days after i developed a feeling (a coating?) in my throat followed by REALLY swollen lymph nodes all over my body (painful)...both have grown progressively worse in past two weeks...my thorat now feels like i have something stuck in it almost, a kind of pressure, trouble getting anything down...very uncomfortable and there all the time. A white coating on my tongue. Headaches. loss of appetite. sore neck. shortness of breath. my dr gave me a script for an antibiotic incase it was gonorrhea, but that was 5 days ago and things have only gotten worse. when he did a vaginal swab to check for anything weird he just said my white blood cells were very high. SCARY SCARY OMG SO FUCKING SCARY. i do not have insurance so to go to the dr once was expensive...he didnt do anything for me. no answers, no offers of what else to do or what else could make me feel like this...

I am so worried i cannot eat. I cant make it through the day at work. i cant sleep. everyone around me is worried and i cannot tell them what is wrong. i cry all the time.i called the CDC and they just type in keywords and give me generic answers that dont address my symptoms. everyone tells me i have to wait and try not to worry...please, just tell me the truth..whatever it is.

I went to get tested today (i know i will have to go back, way to early...just couldnt sit here any longer) and talked to a nurse. I explained my exposure and she said i really shouldnt worry, but i cant help it. My throat has NEVER felt this way, i am so uncomfortable, I have NEVER has lymph nodes like this...i cant live this way. im going insane. I get conflicting information from everywhere i go.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...if I were someone you knew and cared about what would you tell me to do? Would you worry for me? I can't go on like this much longer, I just need someone to help...

thank you, be well!!

Oral sex carries only a very low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. You can read much more about this in the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to oral sex.

"Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. HIV-related symptoms generally appear two to three weeks after HIV primary infection (not "a few days" after an exposure). The lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) associated with HIV is generally non-painful (unlike your "painful" nodes). A high white blood cell count is not "SCARY, SCARY, OMG SO FUCKING SCARY" as far as HIV is concerned!

That you "cry all the time" and feel you are going "insane" etc. indicates you are clinically depressed and stressed to the max over this issue.

HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive. Consequently, I would suggest you seek help for your anxiety and depression during this stressful three-month waiting period. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your oral sex and intense frottage sexperience. Read through the archives of this forum. You should find the information and testimonials there enlightening and comforting.

Finally, as one of the 47,000,000 Americans without health insurance when they need it, I strongly urge you to loudly advocate for President Obama's health care plan!! Rally you friends, neighbors, work colleagues, and family to support universal health care.

How are you doing this for more then 18 years ?
You are here for a reason