Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How are you doing this for more then 18 years ?
Aug 4, 2009

Dear Doc;

As per your advice and Doc steves advice i did not do any testing for more then a month, again last week started throwing up and started chest pain etc.. had to go to the ER, They did complete blood work Urine and also did a ELISA.

Here is what they give also did lot of other tests, they said all are normal

HIV 1/2 ELISA Rapid -ve (140 days after last Lap dance) WBC 6.6 ( range 4-10) - Was 8.1 three months back - any reason for this beeing down. PLATELET 173 ( Range 150-450) Neutrophil 50.7 ( Range 40-70) Lymphocyte 40.0 ( range 20-40) Monocyte 7.3 ( range 2-10) Eosinophil 1.7 (Range 0-3) Basophil 0.3 ( range 0-1)

I still feel very tiered and burst out fast even by just climbing 1 floor. No sleep at most of the night and dont know whats goinng on. Now I feel my life is not very important any way and if I can live for another few years it will be OK, I was never like this before, I was a happy person and see what few min of stupidity can do to you, I never did thing risky in my life..

I also feel very bad on what I have done and still wonder what was i thinking when i was going to the strip club, I also let every one down ( my parents, wife, my son etc..)

Also on the ARS Rash that made me 100% sure that I have HIV.. I had this black dots before and my wife showed to be a on a photo taken 6-7 month back and on a video taken 1 year back, I thought this came up suddenly on day 21.

Also this experiance made me realize how fearful this deasease is and the need to find a cure for this fast so one should not have a death sentence for a mistake he or she has done.

Also I wonder how you are doing this fighting it out for more then 18 years ?.. God bless you i came to the clinic twice but not able to meet you

Giri

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Giri,

Your HIV-1 and HIV-2 ELISA were negative. This merely corroborates what we've known for quite some time. You are HIV negative. No matter how many times you get tested the reality of your HIV-negative status won't change.

The rest of your lab work is completely normal. The white blood cell count of 6.6 is normal (normal range of 4-10). The change from the previous value of 8.1 (also normal) is completely normal fluctuation within the normal range. In other words normal is normal!

Your symptoms and emotional state continue to be consistent with clinical depression and anxiety. Did you follow our recommendation to get psychotherapy (counseling) to help you cope with your irrational fears, depression and anxiety? If not, I again strongly urge you to do so without further delay.

As for how I am doing living with HIV for the past 18 years, I can honestly say I'm doing better living with HIV than you are living without it! Certainly being HIV infected has many health-related challenges. However, what I don't have is the intense fear, emotional turmoil, depression and anxiety that you are currently living with. You can read more about my life with HIV in the archives of the forum in the chapter titled "About Dr. Bob."

Giri, I do hope you are getting the psychological help you so desperately need. It's the first step in regaining both your physical and emotional wellbeing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
WOOHOO!!
Next
so sorry to bother, please please help, WILL DONATE!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.