WOOHOO!!

Hello Dr. Bob,

I'm just writing to share my story with you and all the worrywells that constantly screen for information here. I had a very risky exposure (unprotected insertive anal sex) with a HIV+ back in January. Of course it scared the hell out of me and I was convinced I had HIV symptoms such as joint pains, swollen lymph nodes, weight loss and others. I got tested at 3, 4 and finally I had the 6 month (190 days) test which came back negative. It was definitely the happiest day of my life and I can finally move on from this dark chapter of my life, with safe sex at the top of my mind from now on. I just want to make a quick question - should I worry with other Std's such as HCV (I've been vaccinated against both HEP A and HEP B)? I heard HCV is very rarely transmitted via sex. - and tell all the people who are sure they were infected by HIV that they should test and not literally stop living their lives (like I did in the last 6 months). Thanks for your beautiful work.

WOO-HOO! Thanks for sharing your story and newfound insights.

Regarding HCV, yes it can be sexually transmitted, albeit rarely. As for other STDs, if you've had unprotected sex, you did place yourself at some degree of risk. STD screening, as well as HCV screening, can be easily done by your private physician or local STD clinic.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Frascino, Can't Stop Worrying- Please help a Newlywed Out!
How are you doing this for more then 18 years ?