Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Keep doing what you're doing
Aug 3, 2009

Dear Dr. Frascino, It's thankful Rob again. I just watched the PBS frontline documentary. What an eye opener and an in-depth documentary on the history of this unrelenting disease. I hope everyone who is reading this forum will watch it (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/aids/view/), it is so very powerful, and I was holding back tears for some of it. I am 25 year old male, and grew up never being exposed to this kind of imagery of how HIV/AIDS was portrayed in the media. I apologize for my momentary lapse in faith with my dumb question from a few days ago, I'm glad you didn't answer it. It just felt good to write you though. I just ordered the home access kit, but have 4 long weeks to wait. Reading the archives is a blessing and a curse, where it is great to calm me down sometimes, but it is also addictive like crack! I just wanted to thank you again because I don't think there is enough thanks in this world for what you do. I hope you are doing well, and I am trying to stay positive. I really really really want to WOO HOO and join the X-files club. You are AMAZING. Rob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Rob,

The PBS Frontline documentary "Age of AIDS" is indeed excellent. I too highly recommend it. (It can be Netflixed too!)

Rob, I'm very much looking forward to WOO-HOOing with you and adding you to our x-files!

I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma!

Be well! (And that's a doctor's order!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Wow.. is this true? (TRANSMISSION VIA ORAL SEX, 2009)
Next
Testing after possible symptoms of HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.