Hepatitis Risk affecting HIV test results
Aug 3, 2009
I recently tested HIV negative 19 weeks after a possible exposure. I did however catch chlamydia and am on my third round of antibiotics to clear it up. I'm a 19 year old straight male, no drug use. My questions are.
1. Should hepatitis be a concern?
2. Could hepatitis be effecting the chlamydia treatment/HIV test results?
Thanks for all your work on this site, it's helped a lot!!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Hepatitis is a contagious viral illness but I'm not sure why you are worried about it based on the information in your question. Your doctor can easily screen you for hepatitis if indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Hiv Patients Keep A Slightly High Temperature?
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Are The Causes Of Recurring Shingles?
- Does Vinegar Dry Up Genital Herpes?
- How To Tell Partner You Have Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.