Very upsetting accident

Hi Doc,

I brought a stranger home on Friday night and while I was sucking him he, without notice, came in my mouth. I swallowed quite a bit of it and spit out the rest. I was pissed as I told him to not come in my mouth, but clearly he didn't listen. I freaked and made him leave, but am now very worried. I searched the forums and saw that you suggested PEP to someone with a smiliar situation to mine with the only difference being that the other person knew their partner was pos. I have no clue what the status of my partner is and I don't know if I should take PEP. What would you suggest?

He popped his cork "without notice"??? No moaning, no increased heavy rapid breathing and no shouting "OH GOD I'M CUMMING"???? Nothing? Did you happen to have him bound and gagged at the time you were doing your taste test on his penis popsicle? Oh never mind . . . .

PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is generally only recommended for significant HIV exposures. Oral sex with a guy of unknown HIV status generally wouldn't qualify. Also, PEP should be taken as soon as possible after an exposure. The more time that passes from exposure to starting PEP the less chance PEP will be effective in aborting an HIV infection. If more than 72 hours has intervened since the exposure, PEP is not longer felt to be warranted. Since your exposure was Friday night, your 72-hour window may well be passed by the time you read this response, making the question of PEP a moot point. However, even if you were within the 72-hour window, most HIV specialists would not have recommended PEP for the type of potential exposure you describe. If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are beyond astronomical that you did not contract HIV from your surprise high protein snack!

WHY DO YOU HOLD THAT GRUDGE AGAINST D.O.s ???!!!
Calling yiu from Dubai!