The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv test

Aug 3, 2009

Dr bob,

How are your sir, its me again bahrain boy from saudi arabia...ill finished my hiv1/hiv2 test yesterday and it came negative..

the procedure are

1. took a blood in me using needle and put to a tube.. 2. brougth in the lab and put in the hiv machines. 3. here in saudi arabia there are not using the hiv kit due that ministry of health is not allowed them to used it

ill ask the medtech that took the test on me she told me that is a conclusive test..


1. this test is a ELISA TEST? 2. This hiv machine is old way of testing? 3 my test is conclusive or ill need to make test again after 6 months? 4. ill have a rash in my face and im using a gel to healed this rashes in my face...this gel can affect my hiv test?

thank you dr bob the donation is coming now..

thank you again please answer my question....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Bahrain Boy from Saudi Arabia,

1. Unfortunately I have no way of determining over the Internet the exact type of test you had performed. I can assume it was an ELISA or equivalent HIV-antibody test assay.

2. No, not necessarily.

3. HIV-antibody tests taken three months or more from the date of possible exposure are considered definitive.

4. No, the gel would not affect HIV test results.

You're welcome! WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob

Massage, Handjob & Eating with unclean hands
Donation Sent; Question Regarding Oraquick (RELIABILITY OF ORAQUICK ORAL TESTS, 2009)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint