Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Massage, Handjob & Eating with unclean hands
Aug 2, 2009

Dear Dr. I am from India and working in Bahrain. I was really foolish enough to have a massage in an hotel in Bahrain last week. The CSW brought the massage oil bottle from the room where she massaged previously. Before having the massage she just put a condom which she immediately removed as I was not interested in penetrative sex . When she came to my room I did not see her wash her hands. She did not wash her hands. I also ate from her hands. She took off her clothes and was lying beside me. I kissed her breasts momentarily. I dont know whether she was wet(some vaginal secretions on the bed) or not but there was absolutely no genital contact except penis rubbing on breasts. She massaged my penis(hand job) with the oil and left. 1)Now I am terrified what if there was some semen in her hands from the previous client or outside of bottle before we ate together or massage. 2) If her own vaginal secretions or semen from previous client, were near her breasts or breasts, hands were chapped. Can I get HIV,STD from this act of mine.AM I at risk Do I require testing for HIV, STD. Please help me , I am distressed. I am afraid to sleep with my wife.I love her. I will surely donate and continue to donate from my heart for the noble cause you are working. Regards. Rajesh

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Rajesh,

Your worries are unwarranted. There is no HIV risk from the activities you describe. I see absolutely no reason for STD/HIV testing other than for peace of mind. Most likely the anxiety you are experiencing is related primarily to guilt. The best way to confront that guilt is to level with your wife. (It's also the right thing to do.) If you remain worried despite my reassurance, you can easily be screened for STDs, including HIV, to put your fears permanently to rest. For the HIV test you'll need to wait until the three-month mark, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three-months are not considered to be conclusive.

Rajesh, I would also suggest you spend some time reading through the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to exactly how HIV and other STDs are (and are not) transmitted. We have entire chapters devoted to this and related topics. You should find the information both enlightening and reassuring.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you remain HIV negative.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thrush: Itraconazole
Next
hiv test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.