Your opinion Dr Bob: Condom failed- HIV chances?

Last night during sex with a girl, the condom failed. The good thing in the story is that she had an HIV test 2 days ago (I actually had a look at it just to make sure) which came out negative. The only thing is that she had sex with another guy 1 month aprox prior to that test. Based on the above, what do you think are the chances something bad for me happened yesterday? Thanks in advance! Will donate, as you are the best Doc around!

Your HIV-acquisition risk if your gal-pal tested HIV negative two days ago and has had only one sexual partner in recent months would be negligible. The only theoretical risk would be that she contracted HIV from the dude she shagged a month ago and was still in her "window period" when she took the HIV test two days ago. Obviously the chances of this being the case are extremely remote at best. If you're worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this failed-condom incident.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you remain HIV negative.

end of travel ban
UK guy needs Dr Bobs advice