|Theoretical VS Documented Risk
Aug 1, 2009
You are amazing! I've been reading your stuff for years here and just want to say thanks! Thanks for your dedication and your energy and for having a sense of humor. One question though...you say there is a theoretical risk for many things...but shouldn't you just give the DOCUMENTED risk? Why should anyone be concerned about the theoretical risk when we have 40 million or so documented infections????
| Response from Dr. Frascino
There are a number of reasons. For instance:
1. Many questioners pose hypothetical situations in their posts. Consequently I can only give a theoretical response.
2. Some situations are difficult to document scientifically. For instance, how do you "document" a couple only having had oral sex in the heat of the moment after three cosmopolitans and a sniff of the little brown bottle?
3. Some risks are indeed only theoretical. For instance theoretically Dick Cheney could contract HIV by having unsafe sex with Greg Louganis, but we all know Greg has much better taste in men, right?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Adult Oral Thrush Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.