Republicans still to blame ??
Aug 1, 2009
It is funny how you are still posting questions concerning "Republicans in the White House" 6 months after Obama took office. Obama can hand out all the condoms he wants now but at least give him the credit (blame).
Response from Dr. Frascino
The questioner who mentioned "Republicans in the White House and wherever . . ." was obviously referring to the rightwing hypocritical GOPers in Congress who have recently been caught with their pants down. The list is impressive! The questioner could also have been referring to the previous inhabitants of the White House.
As for Obama, his top health officials laid out some of the administration's plans for a domestic HIV/AIDS strategy at the recent International AIDS Society medical conference in Cape Town, South Africa (July 19-22).
Here's the Cliff Notes version:
1. End the HIV travel ban.
2. Get federal funding for needle exchange programs.
3. Renewed commitment to paying for HIV treatment and prevention.
4. Appoint an HIV/AIDS czar (Jeffery Crowley).
5. Implement additional HIV-prevention strategies, including teaching science-based sex education in schools.
This is only a partial list, as the complete strategy is still being formulated. But I'm sure you can see it's already light years ahead of what Dubya did domestically on this issue during his reign of error.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
- Can You Catch Anything From Swallowing Menstrual Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.