HIV Symptom questions... Donation to the RJF AIDS FOUNDATION!
Jul 31, 2009
Dear Dr. Frascino,
Thank you for everything. I really appreciate everything you do. You inspire me a lot!
I had unprotected oral sex with a stranger who I met online. We had sex (unprotected oral sex) for a very long time.
1. Two/three weeks after my exposure, my knees became really weak. My legs became really weak as well. I have no idea why... Does that sound like an ARS symptom?
2. Now, I feel swollen glands under my jaws. They're bean-sized glands... Also, I found another one on my neck. I believe these are swollen lymph nodes... Is it possible that my body is fighting HIV? Can swollen lymph nodes appear after the ARS period (2-4 weeks)?
Thank you so much Dr. Frascino. I really appreciate your help :)
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. Weak knees is not a symptom of HIV ARS.
2. It is highly unlikely your bean-sized glands are abnormal. It's also highly unlikely you are HIV infected, as the risk of HIV acquisition from oral sex is very low.
If you remain worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your oral adventures with your online stranger.
Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm confident it indeed will be.
I'd also suggest you peruse the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to oral sex, symptoms and HIV sexual transmission among other topics. I'm sure you'll find the information there reassuring.
Good luck. Be well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Cephalexin Cure Chlamydia
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.