HIV Symptom questions... Donation to the RJF AIDS FOUNDATION!

Dear Dr. Frascino,

Thank you for everything. I really appreciate everything you do. You inspire me a lot!

I had unprotected oral sex with a stranger who I met online. We had sex (unprotected oral sex) for a very long time.

1. Two/three weeks after my exposure, my knees became really weak. My legs became really weak as well. I have no idea why... Does that sound like an ARS symptom?

2. Now, I feel swollen glands under my jaws. They're bean-sized glands... Also, I found another one on my neck. I believe these are swollen lymph nodes... Is it possible that my body is fighting HIV? Can swollen lymph nodes appear after the ARS period (2-4 weeks)?

Thank you so much Dr. Frascino. I really appreciate your help :)

1. No. Weak knees is not a symptom of HIV ARS.

2. It is highly unlikely your bean-sized glands are abnormal. It's also highly unlikely you are HIV infected, as the risk of HIV acquisition from oral sex is very low.

If you remain worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your oral adventures with your online stranger.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm confident it indeed will be.

I'd also suggest you peruse the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to oral sex, symptoms and HIV sexual transmission among other topics. I'm sure you'll find the information there reassuring.

Good luck. Be well.

Chien VIH
Republicans still to blame ??