10 years of suffering, get yourself tested!

Not so much a question per se but advice. I had unprotected sex in 1999 and experienced ARS symptoms about a week later but it was not very severe. I stressed for 10 years about being HIV+, trying to convince myself I was not and going through highs and lows. Over that period I developed Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD). I recently decided to get tested because I developed diarrhea that would not go away, dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks, did not eat for days, and felt really sick. I was scared to death because I recently got married and could not bear a positive result. My mom convinced me to test and assured me everything would be okay one way or another. I'm glad to say my test came back negative and I immediately started to feel better, my appetite is back, diarrhea is gone, and have put back some weight. 10 years of near constant worry made me sick and convinced I was HIV+. I am sure I have done myself permanent damage over stressing for so long but I can deal with that and I am working on my anxiety day by day. Please get yourself tested so you do not have to go through the hell that I went through for so long.

After a decade in worried-well hell you are now free. WOO-HOO! Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your newfound wisdom. I'll add your testimonial to the many others in our x-files (ex-worried wells) in hopes it will help others end their self-induced suffering!

Be well!

Im back with wohoooooooo Ref XXXXXXXXX
Chien VIH