Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

10 years of suffering, get yourself tested!
Jul 31, 2009

Not so much a question per se but advice. I had unprotected sex in 1999 and experienced ARS symptoms about a week later but it was not very severe. I stressed for 10 years about being HIV+, trying to convince myself I was not and going through highs and lows. Over that period I developed Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD). I recently decided to get tested because I developed diarrhea that would not go away, dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks, did not eat for days, and felt really sick. I was scared to death because I recently got married and could not bear a positive result. My mom convinced me to test and assured me everything would be okay one way or another. I'm glad to say my test came back negative and I immediately started to feel better, my appetite is back, diarrhea is gone, and have put back some weight. 10 years of near constant worry made me sick and convinced I was HIV+. I am sure I have done myself permanent damage over stressing for so long but I can deal with that and I am working on my anxiety day by day. Please get yourself tested so you do not have to go through the hell that I went through for so long.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

After a decade in worried-well hell you are now free. WOO-HOO! Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your newfound wisdom. I'll add your testimonial to the many others in our x-files (ex-worried wells) in hopes it will help others end their self-induced suffering!

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Im back with wohoooooooo Ref XXXXXXXXX
Next
Chien VIH

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.