Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

question from"somewhat" flipped out
Jul 31, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob-hope things are well with you. First of all, I want to tell you that I admire what you do for people. The time and effort you put forth is amazing and encouraging.I am not quite a flipped as I used to be since therapy-everyone needs to know that it does help! I do have a few questions to ask that aren't in the archives(at least I couldn't really find them). 1. If you remember, my problem was rubbing the eye with an hiv+ person tears(inner canthus). Since no blood seemed to be present, the risk was non-existent. So, do I have to wait 12 weeks to be tested or can I do this at 10-11 weeks and be pretty certain? 2. Also, I had put in other drops in his eyes before touching them.(Flouricaine,Neo-Synepherine and Mydriacyl). Sir, do these other drops being put in first help to dilute the hiv in the tears? Dr. Bob-please don't think I am annoying. I have to go to my OB/GYN tomorrow and get to tell him all of this since he will be ordering the test. I guess I feel really stupid about making such a dumb mistake.(Guilt)I have sent $100 already and will sent another $50.00 for an answer. I REALLY hope you will answer these questions for me. Also, I hope other people follow your advice about psychotherapy because it brings out alot of things that you have no idea about and can help to find reasons for fears that we all carry. Hope to hear from you soon Dr. Bob. Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your kind comments. I absolutely agree psychotherapy can be extremely beneficial in confronting and conquering irrational fears.

Addressing your specific concerns:

1. Since your risk is nonexistent, HIV testing isn't necessary! If you want to get an HIV test, you should wait until the three-month mark, as HIV tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive.

2. Theoretically yes. But remember your HIV-exposure risk is nonexistent. So there really isn't anything to dilute!

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are very warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma!

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
PEP Warranted? Exposure 12 hours Ago
Next
POSTERS: CIVILITY IS MANDATORY

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.