question from"somewhat" flipped out
Jul 31, 2009
Hi Dr. Bob-hope things are well with you. First of all, I want to tell you that I admire what you do for people. The time and effort you put forth is amazing and encouraging.I am not quite a flipped as I used to be since therapy-everyone needs to know that it does help! I do have a few questions to ask that aren't in the archives(at least I couldn't really find them). 1. If you remember, my problem was rubbing the eye with an hiv+ person tears(inner canthus). Since no blood seemed to be present, the risk was non-existent. So, do I have to wait 12 weeks to be tested or can I do this at 10-11 weeks and be pretty certain? 2. Also, I had put in other drops in his eyes before touching them.(Flouricaine,Neo-Synepherine and Mydriacyl). Sir, do these other drops being put in first help to dilute the hiv in the tears? Dr. Bob-please don't think I am annoying. I have to go to my OB/GYN tomorrow and get to tell him all of this since he will be ordering the test. I guess I feel really stupid about making such a dumb mistake.(Guilt)I have sent $100 already and will sent another $50.00 for an answer. I REALLY hope you will answer these questions for me. Also, I hope other people follow your advice about psychotherapy because it brings out alot of things that you have no idea about and can help to find reasons for fears that we all carry. Hope to hear from you soon Dr. Bob. Thank you
Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your kind comments. I absolutely agree psychotherapy can be extremely beneficial in confronting and conquering irrational fears.
Addressing your specific concerns:
1. Since your risk is nonexistent, HIV testing isn't necessary! If you want to get an HIV test, you should wait until the three-month mark, as HIV tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive.
2. Theoretically yes. But remember your HIV-exposure risk is nonexistent. So there really isn't anything to dilute!
Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are very warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.