Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WIF needs ur opinion ! plzzzz answer doc !
Jul 30, 2009

hello again, Trust my fav doc on the planet is doing well???? Doc quick question. my throat firslty refuses to heal the same strep bactirial infection persists : its two yrz now, apart from that i recently have a very very painfull swollen lymph node on my left thigh close to the groin or may b groin area and its bad ........... cant move ma leg; went to the gynac she put me on antibiotics and m fine after two doses but the question here is do u think i should take the cervical vacinations she is suggesting i take ? i mean with Jade goodie's case and all this whole cervical cancer thingi is scaring the shit out of me: oh yes and once again have had like another 5 hiv tests after i got that lump in the groin all came back negative: what do u think is going on? have been watching Desperate housewives season 3 and lynette scavo has been going thru hodgins lymphoma and i freaking out : GOSH why does everything my life has such bad timming and great co-incidences lol? i mean am ok if its cancer but i just need to know : any tests u want me to do to rule out this LYNETTE situation from arising? lol

luv u always WIF

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi WIF,

I'm assuming the "cervical vaccination" is Guardasil. If so, yes, it is indeed recommended.

As for your additional five negative HIV tests, the results are of course to be expected, because you are HIV negative. Whether or not you choose to believe this, you can't change the reality of the situation!

As for what's going on? I cannot diagnose conditions over the Internet. One thing that's persisting that I can diagnose is your perseveration on a disease (HIV) that you do not have! (Hence the 5 additional HIV tests.)

As for Lynette, she gets through her chemo just fine and then continues to have lots of adventures with the other gals on Wisteria Lane.

Be well. Stop worrying!

Dr. Bob

Previous
When to start meds -- very low initial viral load test
Next
My first tcell dip after 3 years of meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.