Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bloody Nose while giving oral sex
Jul 30, 2009

Hi Dr. Frascino Recently I gave oral sex to a guy that I had just met. While I was giving this guy head my nose started to bleed alittle, and I wiped my nose off with a napkin. Shortly after this happened he ejactulated down my throat. I got wrapped up in the moment. I am very worried. Please tell me if I am at high risk. Thank you Worried in Florida

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Worried in Florida,

You got a bloody nose while sucking a penis Popsicle? Hmm . . . that's usually a mood breaker. That it didn't seem to bother you or Mr. Throbbing Tallywhacker suggests you must be damn good at your "job" (so to speak). As for your HIV-acquisition risk, since Mr. Tallywhacker popped his cork down your throat your bloody nose really would not increase the risk. In other words your HIV-acquisition risk remains the same as any other unprotected receptive oral sex with ejaculation. If you're concerned, get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. If your nose continues to bleed especially at inopportune times, get an ENT evaluation to find out why or consider joining the cast of HBO's vampire series True Blood!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just diagnosed with IgG deficiency
Next
Bitte antworten Sie!!! worried in Germany!!!maybe PEP required

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.