hiv test result

i had an hiv test done and the results were repeatedly reactive. the form that i was given showed the abs-index at 1.16H. the wetern blot was negative and gp160,gp120,p65,p55,p51,gp41,gp40,p31,p24 and p18 were all listed as absent. the doctor(who seemed confused) simply said i was hiv positive and referred me. ive read conflicting reports on the western blot tests. can you advise me?

A repeatedly reactive screening HIV test followed by a negative Western Blot is considered to be a negative HIV test! Your physician was indeed confused (to say the least)! I'm continually amazed that physicians can still be so incompetent in interpreting HIV test results! I'm confident (or at least very hopeful) that whomever you were referred to will quickly and definitively confirm your HIV-negative status. I also hope the referral doctor educates your doctor so that he won't make a similar anxiety-producing error in the future with another patient. You might also want to consider finding a more competent (or at least less confused) physician for your ongoing care!

HIV+ blood on two day old cut
Please help me, I am lost here...