Shelter + Donation

I work in a homeless shelter, and I think I'm suffering with OCD. I want to do my job well and fear overcomes me. If you can give me your thought on these risks, and you feel like there was no risk, I will certainly get help for this problem so I can be able to continue helping others without the fear that follows.

1.I was waiting in my car for a friend and my windows were up but I noticed a homeless man peeing RIGHT beside my car. I freaked out and drove to another parking spot. I worry that his pee could have hit my car window although it was rolled up, but left residue and when I rolled down my window to drive if any pee or if blood or semen were present, could have got in my eye.

2. I was driving over water and the spray from my car tires rolling over the water, sprayed my eyes. If there was blood or anything else on the ground that was HIV infected, is there a chanced of transmission?

I will proudly donate $50 for some help and guidance through this rough time, because I am willing to do anything for my sanity back and help others at the same time. Thank you for your time, its greatly appreciated!

You are worried that a homeless man's pee residue might be on your rolled up car window and when you roll the window down the pee might get into your eyes and infect you with, HIV ? WOWZA!!! I think you may well have just won this week's Loony Tunes Wacko Award! Congratulations!

Next, you're worried that you drove over a puddle of water and the spray might infect you with HIV because maybe the puddle might contain blood??? Amazing! You now have the top two entries in this week's contest.

You state: ". . . I think I'm suffering with OCD." Sweetie, I agree and you can leave off the "I think" part. Kidding aside, I'm delighted you recognize your problem and are amenable to getting the help you need to overcome it. Your HIV-acquisition risk from the two episodes you describe is completely nonexistent. But you knew that already, didn't you?! Of course you did. I concur with your plan to get psychotherapy (counseling) to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears.

I applaud your efforts in working with the homeless. Helping others in desperate need is often an excellent way to put our own problems in their proper perspective.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

HIV Antibody and RNA testing windows
ITS BEEN 2 YEARS IVE BEEN WORRIED, PLEASE HELP ME, ITS RUINING MY STUDIIES !!!!!!!