Please Help!!!1

I am a father of 2 and am scared that I could infect my wife and children. I made a terrible mistake and had oral sex with a female I met at a bar. I tested 3 months out and was negative via the rapid unigold at the clinic in my city. I am still having weird symptoms. The CDC people told me 97% of people test positive 3 months out and that I should test again. I don't know who to believe and am stressing out. In your opinion, do you think I further testing, thank you. Hank

Hello Hank,

A negative HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is generally considered conclusive assuming there are no extenuating circumstances. Oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition (particularly insertive oral sex). Certainly the option to retest at six months is always open to you. Personally I do not feel it is warranted for such a minimal potential HIV risk.

There is an excellent chance that your "weird symptoms" are directly related to guilt, stress, anxiety and depression. You report: "I am stressing out." Have you leveled with your wife regarding your indiscretion? If not, I would urge you to do so. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. Retesting at the six-month mark is entirely up to you. I'm absolutely confident the test would yield a negative result. If you or your wife remains concerned despite my reassurance, you could use condoms until your six-month test results reconfirm what we already know: You are HIV negative!

Never say no way no how...............
Thank You