PEP Warranted?

Hi Dr. Bob:

It is now July 19, 12 hours past possible exposure. Went to a Strip Club; spoke with stripper for about 10-15 minutes and then received one lap dance. The lady has pierced nipples which I played with and then I left. When I got home I noticed a very small paper like cut on my thumb: I noticed no bleeding although today traces of blood appear if you place a kleenex on it. Should I be concerned that her piercing could have caused my cut and if so is this cause for concern, PEP or testing? I felt no sensation like I think I would if I was cut during the dance; I mentioned above how long I had spoken with her before the dance for the possibility blood was still on the piercing somehow. I am 99% sure the cut was not there before I left home.

The lap dance itself occured with her and I fully clothed (her G String through my Blue Jeans and boxers, never any direct skin to skin contact although her mouth was briefly on the outside of my jeans). After the dance I noticed ejaculate on my boxers: no wetness on the outside of my jeans.

I am a 50 year old recently single man with no experience in these matters and I AM SCARED. I will send you a donation, I thank you and I wish you the best.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the shimmy-shimmy Sheila with the nipple jewelry at your local Badda Bing is nonexistent. Neither HIV testing, nor PEP nor worry is warranted.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Hi Good Doc, Pleaseee helppp meee
Pathophysiology Class (Part 2)