The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Why does Dr. HHH and you differ in this question?? Its certainly not good for us!!

Jul 18, 2009

Brevity is always appreciated so i'll be concise. You say that immunodeficiency diseases may cause false negatives in antibodies tests, period; whereas HIV expert at Medhelp dr HHH says that those diseases too will alter test results but only when they are at life-threatening stages. So who do we believe? Please answer me Dr. Bob. P.S. The people here at Oberlin speak very highly of you. Alex

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Alex,

I cannot explain the rational behind what other physicians say or write. I am a board certified clinical immunologist and have considerable experience in treating many diseases that affect the immune system. I also have well over a quarter of a century of experience as an HIV physician specialist. As far as whom to believe, that is entirely up to you. If you are at Oberlin as a student or faculty member, you could also do your own research to check out the validity and veracity of my comments. Alternatively we could discuss it in person next time I'm back on campus giving a lecture or for a board of trustees' meeting. (Of course then you would owe me a pastry form Gibson's and cup of java from Java Zone.)

Be well. Namaste!

Dr. Bob

Is it wise to take PEP for my exposure?
"What you dont know can kill you" and a further donation (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint