Dr. Bob, because you did not answer my question, i dont know what to understand.

Dr. Bob, I dont know if you got a chance to read my question, which i asked you. Should i get a PCR test or are my antibody tests good enough.

I was having severe back pain issuess, so i went to a doctor, and the doctor did some blood work on me. Based on that i am B12 deficient and my ALT liver enzyme result is elevated. this test and the result was a month ago.

I had an exposure three months ago for HIV, so i waited for three months and got HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibody tested, the result was negative.

I have only two questions for you, Please please take a minute and answer me, i am so worried about this issue.

1)Because i am low in B12 and my liver enzymes are elevated would that in combination or as is cause a false negative HIV antibody test result? or would that again in combination or seperately as is, cause a delay in the seroconversion or extend the window period?

2) Now my doctor asked me to take supplements for B12 until i see him next time any where from 1000 mg to 2500 mg everyday until i see him. When i actually see him next week i dont know if he will order me B12 injections.

My question is will the B12 supplements cause any immunesuppression or the B12 injections cause any immunesuppression. You are the HIV specialist, i have to ask you. I am very low in B12, but i still did not start taking the supplement because i want to hear from you. Please help me out.

1. No. No. And no.

2. No.

I recommend you stop worrying about HIV and take your B12 supplementation as described.

Low Cd 4 count (CD4 COUNTS NOT INCREASING DESPITE UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD, 2009)
Is it wise to take PEP for my exposure?