Dr. Bob, because you did not answer my question, i dont know what to understand.
Jul 18, 2009
Dr. Bob, I dont know if you got a chance to read my question, which i asked you. Should i get a PCR test or are my antibody tests good enough.
I was having severe back pain issuess, so i went to a doctor, and the doctor did some blood work on me. Based on that i am B12 deficient and my ALT liver enzyme result is elevated. this test and the result was a month ago.
I had an exposure three months ago for HIV, so i waited for three months and got HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibody tested, the result was negative.
I have only two questions for you, Please please take a minute and answer me, i am so worried about this issue.
1)Because i am low in B12 and my liver enzymes are elevated would that in combination or as is cause a false negative HIV antibody test result? or would that again in combination or seperately as is, cause a delay in the seroconversion or extend the window period?
2) Now my doctor asked me to take supplements for B12 until i see him next time any where from 1000 mg to 2500 mg everyday until i see him. When i actually see him next week i dont know if he will order me B12 injections.
My question is will the B12 supplements cause any immunesuppression or the B12 injections cause any immunesuppression. You are the HIV specialist, i have to ask you. I am very low in B12, but i still did not start taking the supplement because i want to hear from you. Please help me out.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. No. And no.
I recommend you stop worrying about HIV and take your B12 supplementation as described.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.