wisdom teeth and cunnilingus

hello,

I performed cunnilingus on a girl who i believe could be infected with HIV and i know that many people have asked this question and the answer has always been that cunnilingus has a very low risk. But is the risk higher if my wisdom teeth are coming out? They never bleed, but their just coming out very very slowly. And also can cigarretes irritate your throat to the point where it bleeds and poses a higher risk for HIV transmission? because that night i smoked alot of cigarretes, which is something my throat is not used to since i dont smoke all the time. Now it has been 3 weeks since possible exposure and during the second week i developed a sore throat that hasnt gone away and also 3 days ago i started experiencing headaches ( more like pain in the lower part of my head). So did all this gave me a higher chance for infection? and during which week after possible exposure do you recomend i should get tested?

Thank you for your time

Worried Soul

Hello Worried Soul,

I'll be brief as I've covered all of this information many times previously (check the archives!).

Unprotected cunnilingus carries a very low risk for HIV acquisition. However, the risk may be increased by extenuating circumstances, such as the presence of menstrual blood, open sores, concurrent STDs, bleeding wounds, etc. Wisdom teeth that are not bleeding would not increase the risk. Cigarette smoking would not increase the risk. However, cigarette smoking will indeed kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion. I strongly advise you quit immediately.

If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

A question about residency and HIV
Got Herpes at the base