Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

About to go crazy, Help pls update
Jul 15, 2009

Hi Doc, thank you for your generous time for responding to all the worried people out there.I know I might be over worried about the encounter with the Chinese sex worker in Kuwait as per your response and my doctors response, but the thing that is keeping me worried is the white lump that appeared on my tongue after 2 weeks of the encounter. as i mentioned before, i showed it to the dentist and said that it could be an ulcer due to change in dietery habits or because of a traumatic things (biting or whatever), my general medicine doctor said that its not an ulcer becuase it is hard but it is definetly not an infection. the lump stayed for a week and then reappeared for another after a week and now its gone, it left small white marks where it is. i know you cant judge it but i just need to know if this is a symptom, my night sweats are back, not drenching, but yet a little bit annoying (around the head) my pillow shows a sweat circle around it. am going to test in two weeks and that sums it up to 8 weeks, i know its not conlusive but yet very encourging. back to the lump in the mddle of my tongue, i showed it to a dermotoligits and she said that its nothing, more probably an irritation in the tongue due to hot food or whatever, she checked it with ultra violet lens and said its nothing. now am worried because no doctor said the same thing: General Med: its a soldified thing from Trauma, need to take it out, but its gone now Dentist: something i ate, nothing to owrry about, but yet you might be preparing for an oral thrush (denied by my general med doc) Dermatologist: nothing to worry about, some tongue irritation

who can i believe, shall i be that worried, because all people on this forum talk about wierd things in their mouth, is it something evitable to rely on when diagnosing HIV. my general med doc is saying that no way i cant get HIV from my encounter, and the odds are astronomical, just as you said, and he said that there is some kind of assessment that he does before daignosing HIV, which i dont fall under high risk exposure.

Am i over worried, is this thing on my tongue related to HIV symptoms, please please answer me, am loosing it here.

Thanks doc and god bless you, can i donate from my credit card

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

"Now I am worried because no doctor said the same thing." "Who can I believe?" Dude, your general medical doctor, the dentist and the dermatologist did all say the same thing! They all said it was nothing to worry about and that your tongue problem was definitely not related to HIV!

The "symptom" you describe is not suggestive of HIV. (That means I'm agreeing with all your other opinions)!

"Am I over worried . . .?" Absolutely!

". . . Can I donate from credit card?" Absolutely! (Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I JUST CAN SAY THANK YOU.... (well, also WOO-HOOOOOO!!!)
Next
No support groups to be found so I have to ask someone?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.