DR. BOB, HOW CAN I FIGURE THIS PUZZLE OUT???HELP A MIAMI INSOMNIAC PLZ!!!

I was in the hospital for two days with a really bad pneumonia (dont know wich type) and was given intravenous meds and when i left the hospital oral meds(dont know wich medications) I was subsequently tested for hiv antibodies and it was negative and it was after two years of my last unprotected incident. Can any of those medications or that pneumonia alter the test results?? I know you have answered similar questions in the past but this one is a bit different. Thank you very much Dr. Bob

"I know you have answered similar questions in the past . . . ." Yep! I certainly have! ". . . but this one is a bit different..." No, it isn't. And my answer remains identical as well. A recent bout of pneumonia and treatment with intravenous mediations will not affect HIV test results or the duration of the window period. Your negative test result is definitive and conclusive, just like the other guys who asked nearly identical questions!

Risk of reinfection for couples with different treatment strategies
ADD-ON + ANOTHER $25= $75 Donation (*occupational/can't find in archives +donation)