Jul 15, 2009
hi, i have a small question to ask, my CD4 count is 150, can this be used as an indicator to say how long i had the HIV? i know its not accurate to say since when i had it, but please i need an answer. thank you very much for you help and your time
Response from Dr. Frascino
There is considerable variability in the rate of CD4 cell decline as a consequence of HIV/AIDS. However, in general, for the CD4 count to fall consistently below 200 one would most likely have been HIV infected for a considerable period of time, perhaps 7 to 10 years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.