Drop in CD4 and increase in viral load counts

My CD4 and viral load were 361 and <40 respectively six months ago. Last week I got my recent results and it shows some decrease in CD4 to 167 and the viral load to 168. I am on Truvada + Efv. What could be the cause for this sharp negative change in my lab results? I am feeling fine except for a few recent attacks of flu. Ever since I started treatment in 2005 with the cd4 at one (1), my CD4 has never gone above 370,it is always been fluctuating between 120 to 368. Kindly advise.

Most likely your "recent attack of flu" is the culprit! Concurrent infections of any type can cause a transient rise in HIV plasma viral load and decline in absolute CD4 cell counts. There are other potential causes as well, including: (1) laboratory or clerical error, (2) nonadherence to medication regimen and (3) development of resistance to one or more drugs in regimen.

I would suggest you repeat your labs in several weeks to see if your numbers have "normalized." If your viral load continues to rise, you should get a resistance test to ascertain if you've developed resistance to any of your meds. I'd also suggest you begin taking PCP (Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia) prophylaxis, because your CD4 count has fallen below 200. You'll need to stay on PCP prophylaxis for at least three months after your CD4 count rebounds above 200.

WorriedManSeekingHelp again
please answer my question? (ARS SYMPTOMS, 2009)