strange sole scenario for saint Bob

I have a strange scenario, which did happen, and only your outside-the-box thinking might resolve my anxiety

A partner of mine and I were walking barefoot on the streets and then came home and made love. After 10 minutes of chatting and foreplay, in the heat of the moment, the sole of her foot touched my anus. And there the worry began...

I immediately took a shower and soaped up and cleaned up everywhere just in case BUT... might the water have carried anything inside the mucosal lining?

What do you think? Am I ok? Should I be tested?

thanks for helping all us clueless worriers

Hello Clueless Worrier,

Even if your barefoot contessa shoved her whole tootsie up your butt, you really wouldn't have to worry about HIV. Remember, HIV doesn't live very long at all outside the body. So relax Max and enjoy playing footsie, OK? No testing is warranted. I would recommend you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site and in its archives, paying particularly attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find the information enlightening and reassuring.

Be well. Stay well.

Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and HIV follow-up