Really flipped out person back again

Dr. Bob: I am so sorrry to bother you AGAIN. My husband said you are probably goint to hang up your shingle after dealing with me. You answered my question as "remote at best" for the hiv acquistion through the eye exam. What exactly does that mean? I know-I AM BEING STUPID. But the archives say that hiv is not contracted by tears (unless blood is present) Wouldn't my risk be non-existent. PLEASE clarify how much my risk is. I believe I have a problem with trust and anxiety, but I feel I can trust your answers. I am sorry to keep bothering you because I know you get a gazillion questions and people really need your help, but I hope you will answer this question for me. Donation of $100 is on the way. By the way, I am seeing a psychologist for my fears and I think she may hang her shingle when she is done with me. I REALLY hope to hear back from you and thank you for your tireless work in helping people. We need more people in teh world like you.

Hi Really Flipped,

Back again so soon? No, I'm not quite ready to put out a restraining order on you just yet.

Your reading of the archives is correct. Tears; just like sweat, urine, vomitus and mucous; that do not contain visible blood are not considered a risk for HIV transmission. If your exposure involved tears that did not contain visible blood, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, OK? Hope that helps.

Thank you for your tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).it's warmly appreciated.

I believe you are on the road to conquering your unwarranted fears surrounding HIV!

Anxiety is killing me....
% of MSM HIV transmission from protected anal sex magnetic couple