hi

Hi, dear Dr. Frascino. I had a situation where a HIV positive person spit blood on my tongue when I was yawning with widely open mouth and closed eyes. Then I somehow immediately after closing my mouth my upper gum started bleeding very seriously and it was a serious open cut. Also I had another bleeding cut that I made before with my teeth it was still actively bleeding and also I had several other gums that started to bleed also. I don't really remember if I swallowed the hiv infected blood shortly after, but I think I didn't really. Could I get hiv this way- if the person who has it-got it 3 mos. ago but is not on meds. and has very high viral loads. I heard though that mouth trasmission is very low risk, and I think my risk is 1 in 300, is this true?

You had a "situation" in which an HIV-positive person spit blood on your tongue while you were yawning??? Hmm . . . that sounds rather improbable. And "then somehow immediately after closing my mouth my upper gum started bleeding very seriously and it was a serious open cut." WHAT???? OK, the story has now gone from "rather improbable" to impossible. And your story continues: "Also I had another bleeding cut that I made before with my teeth it was still actively bleeding and also I had several other gums that started to bleed also." Dude, this is sounding like a very bad science fiction movie. Didn't your mama ever tell you not to make up stories?

A question for humanity (BEING POSITIVE ABOUT BEING POSITIVE, 2009)
UPDATE & THANKS!!