Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: OCD or fact based
Jul 11, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob, thanks for answering my question last week. i gathered up the courage...and went tested. im HIV negative.

thank you soo much for your time. im looking for a PhD position in virology and im going to make a career in the virology field. thank you again and please be strong...for all the positive and negative people as well.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your thanks!

WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

OCD or fact based? Jul 4, 2009

hi doc, excellent job on the forum. this isnt the first time i write here, and my troubles dont seem to be getting easier. i have to tell you that i have a masters degree in microbiology and still i cant solve the following problem.

I had sex with my gf, she was in the last day of her period, so she had some blood still running. i was wearing a condom, so when i removed it, i wiped with a tissue. the tissue got blood on it and touched the tip of my penis....now here is the ordeal... she said a billion times that she is negative, and she usually doesnt lie. so i asked her to do an HIV test in the hospital where she works...she got me the unofficial lab report..negative....

if i think that she may have friends inside the who forged the result and she is actually HIV positive...would that be an OCD talking? or is there any truth in what im thinking? i dont know what to think and im troubled. now, a year later i have 3 lymph nodes on the side of my neck...two are as big as a lentil seed, and the third not larger than a pea, not changing in size and not painful...my GP said not to worry, but i cant but worry!!

again congrats on your work, and wether u answer this or not, it doesnt change the fact that i am an admirer.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

". . . Would that be OCD talking?" Yep! Most definitely!

Also, if you've been worrying about this for a year, why haven't you just gotten tested yourself? You'd have a definitive result in as few as 20 minutes. I'm quite confident the result would be negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Does undetectable mean that transmission isn't possible?
Next
Re: Doctor had unprotected oral sex and weired fingering

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.