blood/liquid fluids on the cigarette bud.

Dr. Bob, I am not buying a pack of cigarettes for the past 6 months, because if i buy it i smoke the whole pack in a day, i had to control it, because my health is not good. So what i was doing was in the evening after work, i go to a bar and give a dollar to someone and buy 2 cigarettes from them. Last night same thing happened, i bought two cigarettes from a guy, i noticed while he was giving the cigarettes, a cut of the finger next to the thumb finger. Infact it was one of the two fingers which he used to give me the cigarettes. But he did not touch the cut area of the finger to the bud, but he touched the adjacent area next to the cut to the cigarette bud area. It was a big cut, but i did not see any fresh pool of blood on his cut, may be it had some liquid or little blood i am not sure. So what i did was, i took the cigarettes from him and i cleaned the bud area with lots of paper napkins, i could not see anything like red on the cigarette bud area, and then i smoked it. Do you think i am at risk Dr. Bob, if the person had HIV? My lips are normally chapped dry, cracked lips. I am very scared thinking about this Dr. What should i do? Then after half hour i went home and washed my lips with antibacterial soap.

Do I think you are at risk? Yes, absolutely! But not from HIV! From smoking! Cigarettes will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion. You have much more to fear from your cigarette habit than from HIV. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. Your cigarette-related health risks, on the other hand, are very real and extremely worrisome.

I strongly advise you to quit smoking.

THE BIG GUSH
Deported If Positive